Thinking The Unthinkable To Protect Your Business
In an uncertain business world, it is impossible to plan for every eventuality. But a proactive approach to risk can result in real benefits. Thinking ahead means you are likely to cope more effectively if actually faced with an external threat. A carefully constructed risk management plan can:
- Minimise disruption to day-to-day operations when problems do occur
- Provide long-term stability and peace of mind to you and your staff
- Instill a sense of confidence among staff and managers, clients and customers
In addition, there is a constantly evolving regulatory landscape with which businesses of all sizes must be familiar. We understand that compliance is a concern for many Devon businesses. You do not have to deal with it alone.
What We Do
At SWLaw our whole ethos is based on providing clients with comprehensive advice. Our solicitors avoid looking at issues in isolation because they believe in establishing your key objectives and overall priorities. This approach is ideally suited to tackling risk management plans in a commercial context. Our risk management work covers:
- Disaster planning — Computer viruses, power cuts and security threats can all threaten your business. We help you plan how to keep your business running if the unexpected happens. This may involve confronting the possibility of legal claims against the company for nonperformance of contracts and protecting staff in the immediate aftermath of any disaster.
- Compliance — We help ensure that you have the correct corporate governance, employment and health and safety procedures and policies in place so that you withstand regulatory scrutiny, avoid fines and minimise the potential for damage to your commercial reputation.
- Insurance and key person protection — Many businesses depend on the know-how of individuals. Our financial planners can advise on and obtain "keyman" insurance to protect your business in the event of the death or incapacity of such individuals.