Wills and Estate Planning
Making a will is just one part of effective estate planning – the management of all your property and assets. The objectives can be expressed quite simply: managing risks, maximising returns, minimising tax.
Of course, in reality, no two situations are the same and we know that no two clients are the same. We offer highly personalised, 'bespoke', advice. SWLaw in Devon offers the combination of expertise and experience needed to help you to find the solutions that are right for you.
If you are retired, or approaching retirement, you may be looking to:
- maximise the benefit of your pension arrangements (pension)
- invest for additional income retirement (investment)
- reduce exposure to higher rates of tax (tax planning)
- preserve wealth for your family (estate planning)
- provide for a disabled family member (specialist disabled trusts)
- limit the risk of assets passing out of the family (Wills, Trusts, Asset Protection)
- save inheritance tax (IHT planning)
- choose who should manage your affairs if you are unable to do so (LPA)
You may also be looking after elderly parents or other relatives and may need:
- authority to manage their property and financial affairs or their health and welfare (LPA)
- help in managing their property and financial affairs (conveyancing, investment)
- advice about care costs (legal and/or financial)
- help in administering an Estate or Trust (Probate & Estate administration, Trust administration)
If you are in business, there are additional considerations :
- Relationships with your partners or fellow shareholders (partnership / shareholder agreements)
- Extracting profits tax effectively (tax planning for business owners: pensions, VCTs, dividend vs. salary)
- Exit strategy and minimising tax on a business transfer (business tax planning)
- Managing risks such as unexpected illness, injury or death (Wills, 'business' LPAs, Insurance)
Call us without obligation on 01752 205202 or make a free enquiry online. We are in the South Hams, next to the A38 Devon Expressway.