Managing Your Business
Start up: What? Why? Where? How?
- Intellectual property rights protection: Your branding. Your ideas.
- Managing your customer relations: Clear terms of business.
- Choice of trading vehicle: Company. Partnership. Sole Trader.
- Managing relations with your business partner(s): Partnership / Shareholder agreements.
Growing your business
- Taking on staff: Avoiding the pitfalls. Terms of employment. Pensions and other benefits.
- Premises: Lease or buy.
Managing the risks
- Cash flow and credit control: Terms of trading. Debt recovery.
- Devolving key functions to more senior staff
- Investing in business growth: New premises. Additional equipment. Increasing staff.
- Bringing in partners and/or investors
- Developing the exit strategy and retirement planning
When things go wrong
- Death or disability of a participant or key employee
- Resolving disputes: Contractual claims. Property disputes. Protecting your intellectual property. Employment problems.
- Health and Safety. Disputes with business partners.
Business Succession / Transfer
- Early planning for Sale or Succession: Continuity. Maximising the potential. Minimising the tax bill.
- Planning for succession in family-owned business
- Take control and don't let other circumstances - for example, ill health or poor economic conditions - take decisions out of your control.