For Your Farm
Put Your Farm On The Right Business Footing
For many years, we have worked closely with farm owners throughout Devon and the South West region, providing the proactive legal and financial guidance geared that helps ensure long term stability of your business. In a fast-changing agricultural landscape, we know this is not always straightforward.
In a fast-changing agricultural landscape, we know this is not always straightforward. Most farms face threats from outside from time to time, and complex family dynamics can also present their own complications.
Safeguarding Your Lifestyle
SWLaw looks after its clients in the traditional way — with sensitivity and discretion. We combine this approach with a modern way of delivering our service to protect your interests.
Keeping The Farm In The Family - Other Ways We Can Help
Here are some of the ways we can help:
- Tax-efficient methods of passing the farm to the next generation — Including estate and tax planning, property advice, business law and succession of the business
- Exploring the possible impact of capital taxation before you make any major decisions
- Helping you get the business structure of the farm right — Will you be more effective operating as a sole trader, a partnership or company?
- Advising on agricultural law; land and ownership rights, including farm share agreements and tenancies; sale of land for development and granting options to purchase; granting rights to utility companies; and dealing with land and title disputes
- Appropriate, sensible financial protection, including pensions and investments from a dedicated team of financial advisers working in conjunction with our solicitors
Because we stand back and take a broader view of the needs of your farm now and in the future, our way of working is different from other legal firms. This approach extends to our complementary financial planning services and is reflected in the way we work closely with other advisers in complementary roles, including accountants, land agents and barristers where appropriate.