Our costs and how to pay
When it comes to costs, we do not believe in surprises which is why we will be open and honest about our costs. We will provide you with clear information about our charges before we commence work on your behalf and keep you updated with our charges as your matter progresses.
- Fixed fee - With some matters it is possible to provide you with a fixed fee service which means that we will agree with you at the outset exactly what work we will undertake on your behalf. We are able to offer a fixed fee service with matters where the work required is clear at the outset.
- Time charge basis - This is where we will be working on an hourly rate for any work that is to be undertaken. Typically, this is done for matters that may have an uncertain outcome and the work required is unclear at the outset. With matters charged at an hourly rate, we will provide you with an estimate of how long we think the work will take as well as an estimation of our costs. In addition to this, we will keep you updated with our fees as the matter progresses. The hourly charges for any fee earner expected to be working on your behalf will be provided to you at the beginning of your matter.
You can contact 01752 205202 for further information about costs at any time.
How to pay your bill
There are number of ways that you settle your account.
- Online and telephone banking - Our bank details are provided in our initial letter to you as well being printed on your invoice. Please ensure you state your reference number when making a payment.
- Credit/ debit card payments - It is possible to telephone the office to make a payment, if you are unsure of you reference a member of staff will be happy to confirm this for you.
- Cheque - Cheques should be made payable to SWLaw Solicitors. Please write your matter reference number on the back of the cheque.
We never contact you by email to ask for your bank details or to provide you with our bank details. If you should receive any communication such as this, please do not pass on any information and inform us immediately